A Winged Victory For The Sullen, a collaboration between Dustin O’Halloran and Adam Wiltzie (Stars of the Lid), has announced EU and USA dates following the release of their new album ‘ATOMOS’. The album will be available via Erased Tapes Records on October 6th and can be pre-ordered here: http://bit.ly/1pb7p9g.
‘ATOMOS’ Tour Dates:
- Oct 17: Brighton (UK) – St George’s Church › tickets
- Oct 18: Cardiff (UK) – Swn Festival
- Oct 19: London (UK) – Milton Court at Barbican Centre › tickets
- Oct 20: London (UK) – Milton Court at Barbican Centre › tickets
- Oct 25: Antwerp (BE) – De Roma › tickets
- Nov 21: Bruges (BE) – Cactus › tickets
- Nov 22: Utrecht (NL) – Le Guess Who Festival
- Dec 09: Seattle, WA (USA) – The Tripple Door › tickets
- Dec 10: Portland, OR (USA) – Mississippi Studios › tickets
- Dec 14: Los Angeles, CA (USA) – The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever › tickets
- Dec 16: San Francisco, CA (USA) – The Independent › tickets
Read about the upcoming release of A Winged Victory For The Sullen’s second full length album ’ATOMOS’ on Resident Advisor: http://bit.ly/1rj7wUs
Dustin O’Halloran’s project ‘A Winged Victory For The Sullen’ with Adam Wiltzie (‘Stars Of The Lid’) has announced their second full length album titled ‘ATOMOS’. ‘ATOMOS’ is also the full score to Wayne McGregor’s (Random Dance) newest dance piece.
You can stream the brand new track ‘ATOMOS VI’ via Clash Music: http://bit.ly/1qcGT15 or by clicking on the link below.
‘ATOMOS’ will be released via Kranky & Erased Tapes on October 6.
Dustin O’Halloran has contributed to Red Hot’s latest compilation album ‘Red Hot + Bach’, which features 29 original Bach reinventions. Among the contributing composers are Max Richter, Mia Doi Todd and Shara Worden. The album also includes an interactive iPad app that allows users to listen to and interact with Bach’s music.
You can listen to a preview of Dustin O’Halloran’s contribution ‘Minim’ by clicking on the link below.
Red Hot is an international not-for-profit production company that has produced 16 albums and dedicated more than 10 million dollars to worthy causes around the world. Its mission is to raise awareness and money to fight AIDS/HIV and related health and social issues.
‘Red Hot + Bach’ is available in the iTunes store now.
A Winged Victory For The Sullen’s new EP ‘ATOMOS VII’ is out now and available on Erased Tapes (UK) and Kranky (US).
‘Atomos VII’ is a stunning, all-encompassing mass of sound that makes you want to drift off into a sphere of emotion and never return’
BBC 6 MUSIC
‘Absolutely heavenly’ – Mary Anne Hobbs
‘Burning from warm embers to a triumphant climax of violins and burring cello’
‘An extended slice of ethereal, ambient neo-classical’
DROWNED IN SOUND
‘A superficially beautiful mood piece, with a creeping sense of disquiet’